My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Genres:
Christian Romance, Contemporary Romance,
Clean Romance, Christian Fiction
Blurb:
Police Chief Mark Lawson is known for being Alton, Illinois' biggest hero. But when an angry teen and one bullet are two factors to the product of his fate, Mark's life is put at risk, and the odds are not in his favor.
ICU nurse Emma Stirling has nursed many patients in her career, but she's never met someone like Mark Lawson. Sure his big brown eyes are attractive, but something interests her more...his faith in God. But who is God again?
While Mark is clinging onto his life in Emma's care, will he be able to help Emma find faith? Will something romantic spark between the two of them?
–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––
Mark nodded as they continued to dance, falling more in love with each other every minute. He nuzzled closer to her cinnamon and vanilla scent. Life could go on like this forever and he wouldn’t have a single complaint. God had been faithful.
Oof. This book was such a sweet read FULL of emotions, y'all. 💕ðŸ˜
First of all, I know that the shooting had to happen for the plot...BUT OH MY GOSH. Reading it as the whole thing played out was just so heartbreaking. 💔
And I didn't mention it my review of Finding Hope (I have noooo idea why I didn't, lol) but I absolutely LOVED the Lawson family's bond! Especially the siblings (Mark, Faith, and Brianna)!!! I also loved the friendship that Brandon, Ethan, and Mark had...it was too flippin' precious, y'all!! 😩💗
So, Emma and Mark were PERFECT together. Even before their relationship became romantic, I just really enjoyed their interaction with each other. They both had such caring hearts, and I loved how well that was expressed.
“Penny for your thoughts?”
“You’re gorgeous, Em.”
Someone say: SWOOOOONNNNN!! 💗
📖
Brandon scratched his head. “I missed you, buddy.”
“Quit it, Smith.”
“In my defense, you almost died in my arms. I couldn’t have lived with that, Mark. It was hard enough to tell your parents and Bri the devastating news. As if Bri didn’t hate me enough already.”
“Bri doesn’t hate you, man. You’ve got to realize that.”
"Then what is it?”
Oh my goshhhhh, I can't wait for Bri and Brandon's story!! 👀
📖
Her eyes were filled with pity—he hated being pitied over—as she made him grab her other hand. “Slow and easy.” Emma’s grip steadied his wobbly legs.
Mark swung his feet around the bed, crumpling the blankets as he did so. “I feel like a fawn learning how to walk.” “Get used to that feeling for a while.”
Mark swallowed back the irritation. He glanced at his feet on the hard floor as he sat still in the bed. “My socks are ugly.”
Emma threw her head back, doubling over with laughter. He could listen to the raspy chuckle forever. “You just got shot in the chest and your socks are what you’re worried about?”
“The shooting is in the past.” He pointed to the ugly lime green socks. “These things are the real problem now.”
I shared part of this on IG, but I just HAD to share all of it here because it was too darn cute. 🙌🙌
📖
She patted his hand. “Might as well milk it for all it’s worth while they’ve got you in here, big bro. I hear they serve killer orange swirl sherbet.” His annoyed roll of the eyes made Brianna chuckle. “I’m sorry to inform you, but you’ll have to lay back on the bakery’s cupcakes for now.”
“Sneak one.”
“I think I might get in trouble for that.”
Mark smiled, probably accepting his defeat.
Gah, all the Brianna and Mark moments were so wholesome. 🥰💕
📖
“I miss sleepovers with Hope.”
Bri was bored. She’d called Mark first every evening so far this week. He was normally the one to call her first.
"She’s happy, Brianna.”
Brianna grumbled. “I know. I just miss being with her every second of every day.”
Another gemmmmm!!
📖
Ethan sighed and shook his head. He slung his gym bag on his shoulder. “Well, now that I’ve been defeated, I’m going home. My wife’s making double chocolate chip cookies.” He wiggled his brows.
“I wonder if she’ll have a glass of milk already poured for you.” Brandon snickered, gathering his things as well.
“It’s a possibility.” Ethan grinned.
“You’re enjoying my sister too much.”
Ethan’s face reddened. “I love Hope.”
Mark laughed. He enjoyed having Ethan around. “I’ve never seen her smile the way she does when she’s with you, or when she’s just talking about you for that matter. You make her happy, and that makes me happy.”
Ethan shuffled his feet, then wrinkled his nose. “This is getting too mushy for me. I’ll be leaving now.”
See? PRECIOUS!
📖
Hope straightened Mark’s black collar and patted his shoulder. “Be safe today.”
Hope’s somber expression caused Mark to clear his throat. He didn’t want his sisters having to fret about him. Being chief of police came with great duty and responsibility. Every decision made in Alton’s Police Department went by and through him. Some days it left him feeling drained.
ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
📖
I’ve learned I admire you and all you’ve done for me. It’s odd when the nurse is thanking the patient, isn’t it? But seriously, thank you—for being kind, for informing me about Jesus when I had no idea, and for those big brown eyes that hardly ever leave my mind.
Pray for me, Mark.
This part really got me, y'all.
📖
“Tell me I’m stupid.” He marched into the kitchen, not caring who heard him.
Flustered at Mark’s sudden appearance, Hope looked up from the cupcake she was piping icing onto. “What?”
“Tell me that I’m stupid. That I’m acting like a girl-crazy teenage boy. That I need to grow up and go home.” Mark couldn’t think straight. Couldn’t sleep at night, and it was all because of a woman.
🤣🤣🤣
📖
Mark tried his best British voice. “My fine lady, I wouldn’t dream of missing it.” He kissed her on the lips.
“Be wearing your best,” Emma mumbled against his lips.
He rested his forehead against hers. “Flannel and jeans?”
“Mark!” His chest rumbled with laughter.
“Alright. Alright. I guess I’ll wear something nice.”
As far as content goes: CLEAN! However, there was the shooting that caused Mark to get injured (nothing too graphic/descriptive though). Also, a drug addict/neglectful parent was arrested for being a criminal; and because of the arrest, his thirteen-year-old son had to be placed in foster care. Neither of these situations were triggering for me, but they could be for other readers.
All in all, if you love Christian contemporary romances that are sweet with a touch of humor, family-focused, have relatable characters, andddd faith-filled (of course 😉) then I think you'll really enjoy reading Finding Faith!!
~I received an e-copy of this story from the author, and am voluntarily leaving an honest review. ~
–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––
About the Author:
Katlyn Grace resides in a small town in West Virginia and adores spending time with friends and family. She enjoys writing, photography, music, early mornings, and going on walks. Katlyn also runs a Christian advice blog, RosePetalsAndFaith. She writes with the intent to inspire others to follow God and pursue His calling on their lives.







No comments:
Post a Comment