Finding Hope by Katlyn Grace - Book Review






 My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Genres:

Christian Romance, Contemporary Romance,
Clean Romance, Christian Fiction



Blurb:

Hope Lawson’s bakery has been a haven to Ethan Grey’s troubled soul ever since that horrible accident when Ethan lost everything. He lost his family, his faith, and his dignity. Now, he’s turned to alcohol to fill his voids, but is it really working? Problems seem more out of hand, and depression is slowly seeping in holes where there used to be joy.

Hope’s compassion runs deep for the alcoholic whose lifeless eyes could use a sparkle of hope. When she steps out in faith to help Ethan, Ethan’s faced with the struggle of his intimidating past. Everything in him begs a second chance for a better life, but is it worth it? Is it worth giving up the alcohol that beckons him every waking second? Is it worth opening up about his past?

Will Ethan begin to realize that he needs Someone better than himself to save him? Will Hope be able to help remove the blinders from Ethan’s eyes, so he can truly see his life for what it could be?

And will it spark more than a friendly, Christ-like gesture between the two of them?


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48525622-finding-hope

–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––

That’s when she told him he was hopeless, and those words hurt him for some reason. It was like taking a knife and cutting him down the middle.


I just want to say that I am SO glad I read this book in the time period that I did, because the story takes place before Thanksgiving and ends around Christmas which was just PERFECT!!

it really made me enjoy the book even more, tbh.


Okay, where to (officially) start?

Well, I want to share a couple of excerpts from the book...


Glancing toward the bar stools near the display case, she spotted him. In the same seat he always sat in. Hunched over, with his left hand holding his head up. His soft, brown curls weren’t long, but they still framed the sides of his face, and his green eyes were hazy.


She glanced back at Ethan. Fine lines defined a frown at the corners of his mouth. Tear stained cheeks had his face looking a bit red this morning. His dark and weary eyes met Hope’s. He wanted to talk, and she wanted more than anything to see him smile.


What you just read is the very first thing that caught my attention about this story. Katlyn shared those excerpts on Instagram back in August, and I was intrigued right away by her descriptive writing.

Throughout the book, Katlyn knew exactly how to make me feel what the characters were feeling. And there were some serious feels, y'all. Like...I legit had shivers during one part.

Which, how could I not with lines like these???

“In the end though, it’s not about her. It’s about you and your heart.”
Memories hit too close for comfort. Images popped up left and right in Ethan’s head, quicker than he could take a breath. He needed Hope.

For a moment, a breathtaking chill shivered down his spine.

Were all of those from Ethan's POV? Yes, yes they were. #noregrets.



which, btw, he was soooooooo sweet and sensitive...


As far as content goes: CLEAN! I do want to point out that Ethan's backstory does deal with some very intense things (besides his drinking problem), which could possibly be triggering to others.

All in all, I feel like Finding Hope was the perfect example of how important it is to listen for God's voice and to spread love/kindness with others. 💗

So, if you love sweet (pun intended), heartfelt Christian romances...then I think you'll enjoy this one as much as I did!! 😊



~I received an e-copy of this story from the author, and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.~



–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––


About the Author:

Katlyn Grace resides in a small town in West Virginia and adores spending time with friends and family. She enjoys writing, photography, music, early mornings, and going on walks. Katlyn also runs a Christian advice blog, RosePetalsAndFaith. She writes with the intent to inspire others to follow God and pursue His calling on their lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment