My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Genres:
YA Fiction,
|

Blurb:
Chrissy Jensen lives in a town full of Christmas fanatics. Too bad she hates everything about the holiday. Aside from her justifiable grievances, the endless barrage of displays and events is enough to make any girl gag. Nothing has ever been able to thaw her frozen yuletide heart. But when her brother brings a handsome friend home for the holiday, she starts to reconsider her contemptuous attitude. The deliciously yummy houseguest LOVES Christmas. Pretending to share his sentiment couldn’t hurt. Right?
Wrong. The sudden personality transplant doesn’t sit well with her best friend Nate. He perpetuates the deception in order to get even, which causes an agonizing dilemma. Now, Chrissy must keep up the charade—with a cheerful disposition—or risk being caught in her lie.
–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––
“She’s full of it. Chrissy hates Christmas.”
I need to start my review by saying: THIS BOOK COULD BE A CHRISTMAS NETFLIX MOVIE. From the cover to the content, The Trouble With Christmas just screams teen Christmas movie... which I ABSOLUTELY loved!!
![]() |
Being that the book is a novella, I don't want to say toooooooo much because I know that I'll end up spoiling it for everyone. So, I'm just going to list a few parts that I thoroughly enjoyed, along with a list of my favorite lines/quotes.
1. I loved that Nate called Chrissy's mom "Mama J." I thought it wasadorable! 🥰 soooooo
2. Although I ADORE those cheesy Christmas movies, Chrissy's opinion of them cracked me up. 🤣
3. It's probably weird to list this, but I don't care, I loved that Chrissy took the time to apologize to Nate's mom after being short with her. 👏
4. The "kissing tree" was PERFECT! I loved the concept of that.No spoilers though. 👀) (
5. Chrissy's brother: Garland. I don't know, I just really loved him.Okay, so maybe I do know why...) And I would DEFINITELY have NO problem with reading a story where he's the MC. Just saying. 😍 (
And now for some lines/quotes...
I threw open the door. It banged loudly against the doorstop; the buzzing sound reverberated through the hall.
“Don’t kill him!” Garland yelled.
“I make no promises!” I yelled back and sprinted down the steps, cutting through the deep snow in the front yard towardNate’s house .
People started to clap, until someone in the back shouted, “That’s not even a house!” The voice sounded an awful lot like Sebastian Wickham’s.
Reverend Johnson stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder. He took the microphone from Kathy and replied to the heckler, “On the contrary, it’s the most important house there is. It’s the Lord’s house.” I groaned inwardly. Seriously, people, Jesuslives in heaven. I’m like 95 percent sure of it.
“Not too bad, for a Christmas hater,” he teased quietly so Evan wouldn’t hear.
As far as content goes: CLEAN! Evan was pretty forward at times, but nothing too crazy. And there wasn't any "actual" language (everyone does has different preferences and viewpoints on what counts asprofanity though ), so I was happy about that.
I threw open the door. It banged loudly against the doorstop; the buzzing sound reverberated through the hall.
“Don’t kill him!” Garland yelled.
“I make no promises!” I yelled back and sprinted down the steps, cutting through the deep snow in the front yard toward
📖
Reverend Johnson stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder. He took the microphone from Kathy and replied to the heckler, “On the contrary, it’s the most important house there is. It’s the Lord’s house.” I groaned inwardly. Seriously, people, Jesus
📖
“Not too bad, for a Christmas hater,” he teased quietly so Evan wouldn’t hear.
![]() |
As far as content goes: CLEAN! Evan was pretty forward at times, but nothing too crazy. And there wasn't any "actual" language (everyone does has different preferences and viewpoints on what counts as
All right, that about *wraps it up! If you love cute YA romances, Christmas, and/or *quirky families
*That pun wasn't intended, I swear, but it was perfectttttttt .
*I know I didn't have Chrissy's family underneath my "list," but I absolutely adored them!
**Especially Garland, and yeah, I'm mentioning him twice.( Is it weird that I love his name?)
*I know I didn't have Chrissy's family underneath my "list," but I absolutely adored them!
**Especially Garland, and yeah, I'm mentioning him twice.
~I received an e-copy of this story from the author, and am voluntarily leaving an honest review. ~
–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––
About the Author:
Robin lives outside Phoenix, AZ with her husband, five kids and naughty Labradoodle . Writer by night and PE teacher by day, she loves coaching all sports. She also likes to read, hand out with family, and drinks too much Diet Coke.







No comments:
Post a Comment