No Room in the Inn by Gracie Ruth Mitchell - Book Review

 




 My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Genres:

Christian Fiction, Christmas Romance,
RomCom, Christian Romance,
Contemporary Romance, Clean Romance



Blurb:


My Granny leaves me two things when she passes away: her dilapidated old inn and a letter encouraging me to have a Hallmark-worthy Christmas here in Woodfield.

But I’ve seen enough Hallmark movies to know this isn’t one. Because the inns in Hallmark movies? They don’t have squatters. The heroines of Hallmark movies? They never burn their gingerbread cookies. And even though all Hallmark films are about the joy of family, I’d rather stick my head in a snowbank than reconcile with my parents. Nope; Granny’s last requests are going to have to go unfulfilled.

And the town Santa Claus, who's way younger and way more attractive than any Santa should be? He's going to have to stop his flirting. Otherwise, I'll never want to leave this place.




–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––

“I’m nice,” he says quickly. He looks over at me, his smile softening. “I’m nice.”

And the air between us seems to thicken suddenly, not because he’s touching me or close to me but because of the way he’s looking at me.


Gracie has done it again! I fell in love with her first book, Eye of the Beholder, and I most DEFINITELY fell in love with this book as well!! And most of y'all probably know this, but I loveeee watching Hallmark movies...so I was very excited for the Hallmark "not Hallmark" aspect of the book's plot. Spoiler alert: it didn't disappoint. 😉


points to you if you know what hallmark movies this is from...



Nixon was as swoony as they come, and poor Willow was a perfect clumsy/awkward hot mess lol--one that I could totally relate to. I'm so happy we got to see both of their POVs; I feel like that really added to the story! And what a STORY. Obviously, the main plot is "cliche" but there were little twists and turns that kept things interesting/enjoyable. 👀🙌

i was totallyyyy there for it lol



It's timeeeeee for some highlightsssss!!



Nixon turns to look at me when I enter. He pauses in the middle of loosening his tie. It’s a strangely intimate sight, and weirdly attractive.

📖


“Willow,” he says from behind me. I stop, but I don’t turn around. “I’m sorry,” he says, sounding frustrated. There’s a beat of silence, then, “I just—I’m not the person who’s going to tell you what you want to hear all the time. You asked what I thought; I answered truthfully.”

👀👀👀👀👀

📖

A minute or so later, Willow speaks again. “You good?” she says, her voice soft.

My heartttttt. This part was so precious.

📖

What I want is to throw the whole vegetable tray in the trash to make room on the table for more brownies, but that feels like overstepping.


YES. GIRL. YES.


📖

Guilt pierces me yet again, and I find myself wishing I could just hold her. She’d never let me, of course. Not now.

📖

Although he’s awake when they come, he spends the entire time in silence, doing nothing but glaring at them while he sucks down two mugs in a row of hot chocolate.


📖

“It’s pretty bad,” I agree. “Green’s not my color.”

“Nah, green looks great on you,” he says absently, surprising me.

Note:
I loveeee when guys absently make comments like thatttt


📖

Someone needs to say something. Someone needs to look away. Someone needs to break this weird stalemate thing we have going on.
Note: Awkwardddd lol

📖

I sigh, reaching over and turning off the light. “Your granddaughter is kind of a pain,” I say into the darkness. I know Granny’s gone, but I direct my words to her anyway. I swear I almost hear the old woman chuckle.


Once again, I could share SO many more highlights...BUT YOU JUST NEED TO READ THIS BOOK FOR YOURSELF.  👏 👏 👏



As far as content goes: No language! There were some mild innuendo/suggestive comments, including a remark about not being a "one-night-stand kind of girl." Remarks about "fetishes" were also made. At one point, Willow mentally realizes that Nixon is going to see the bare skin of her back/the exposed portion of her lacy red bra. Willow's best friend's abusive ex is mentioned in a negative light, but there weren't any triggering details. Nixon was shirtless several different times (I personally was fine with those moments, but I know other readers may not feel the same way). Grief and resentment are two major feelings that are experienced in the story; and even though the book is considered Christian fiction, the "religious elements" weren't overbearing.


While the ending felt a bit rushed, I absolutely enjoyed this sweet (with a touch of spice 😉) Christmas story! Nixon and Willow's chemistry was undeniable from the very beginning...and I loved how they helped each other grow despite their differences/insecurities. I definitely recommend that you add this one to your TBR!!





–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––


About the Author:

Gracie lives in a tiny town in Idaho, where she subsists on a diet of chocolate, romance novels, and kisses from her cute family. She may or may not have a cheesecake addiction, as well as an addiction to scribbling story ideas on whatever flat surfaces happen to be nearby. Clean romance and romantic comedy are her passion.






No comments:

Post a Comment