My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Genres: |

Blurb:
She disappeared from our lives without a word. I never expected to run into her at a Quik Mart in between jobs. What’s a guy to do when he finds his first crush? Follow her home, of course, and remind her of all the things she’s missing.
I didn’t know that holding onto Riley would involve living in a trailer park. Or keeping it a secret from my sister—her best friend.
Riley is completely at home with lawn-mower racing, beer-guzzling exhibitionists. She doesn’t think I can handle it.
Well, I’m going to show Miss Trailerhood that I’m here to stay—no matter what trailer-park mayhem she puts me through.
Love is patient, love is kind, love means buying a single wide.
–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––
Nate pulled me close, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. Why was he so perfect?
So, I fell in love with Bane from Mr. H.O.A., and I honestly didn't know what to expect from Nate in Miss Trailerhood. But guess what?
I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM TOO.
Carina Taylor ALWAYS writes the swooniest love interests though, so I'm not the slightest bit surprised by my strong feelings for Nate. 😂😍
While the romance was definitely there, I loved how the book also focused on healthy friendships and the importance of family. Riley struggled a lot with trusting others, and my heart hurt for her because I've been there...it's not always easy to let people in. I also thought it was wonderful how the "fake it" aspect of the book was portrayed; like trusting others, being your genuine self can be hard at times, and I think both subjects were addressed very well.
| 👍👍👍👍 |
As usual, I HAVE HIGHLIGHTS TO SHARE! (Some of which I made notes on while reading 😉)
“You know I don’t like subtitles.”
Note: gasp. i love subtitles
HOW CAN ANYONE HATE SUBTITLES?!
📖
“Do you think we’re the only excitement in their lives?” I asked.
“I know we’re the only excitement in their lives.”
“Same time next week!” I yelled as I scooped Riley off the chair, tossing her over my shoulder and carrying her into the trailer.
Loud catcall whistles followed us.
You can clearly see why I love Nate so much.
📖
I swear she was the only teenage girl who didn’t like phones. I had to force her to use one. She thought they were a waste of time.
Note: LOLL
I honestly don't think I've ever met a teenager who didn't like phones. 😂🤣
📖
She gasped and dropped the hose. “I am not! We’re from two different worlds. I’m trailer trash.”
I snorted. “So what? I’ve met a lot of great people in this trailer park so far. You’re the snob here. You’re tying your worth directly to where you live. That doesn’t matter to me.”
These kind of conversations in the book were SO important. 👏👏
📖
“Go get dressed. I’m taking you on that date. I’ll be back in fifteen minutes.”
Note: snapppp
That's all there is to say.
📖
“It worked. What did you think was going to happen when a beautiful woman stopped in front of me and placed her hands on my arms and then my face?”
“You think I’m beautiful?”
“The most gorgeous girl I’ve ever known.”
She laughed, but it came out as a gasp as she studied my face. She must have realized that I meant the compliment—that there was no punchline coming.
SWOOOOON!!
📖
“May I help you?” I asked after I opened it to find Riley standing on the porch, a serene smile on her face. Faker.
📖
I kept my foot on that gas as the mower proceeded forward. We were approaching the second turn, marked by a cardboard sign propped against a fake deer.
It read: This way, losers.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
📖
I didn’t roll my eyes, even though I wanted to. It would have been immature. And I was trying my best to not appear like the same annoying best friend’s little brother she was used to me being.
I lovedddddd that Nate was younger than Riley, lol. 😂🙌
![]() |
| i just love my highlights so much 😭😱😍 |
There are a LOT more highlights, but I don't want to share too many lol. 🙈
As far as content goes: The book has one curse word, one possible "bad word" (depending on what you consider as language), and some light innuendos. Also, Nascar Jim (a neighbor) was only wearing his underwear at one point. There was some sizzling kisses, and some swimsuit descriptions, but nothing that made the book feel "dirty."
The characters were beautifully flawed and real. The romance was 100% swoonworthy. AND some familiar characters from Mr. H.O.A. made an appearance, which was absolutely wonderful. 😉👀
In short: Miss Trailerhood was a cute, breezy read with lots of humor and heart...one that I most definitely recommend!
~I received an e-copy of this story from the author, and am voluntarily leaving an honest review. ~
–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––
About the Author:
Carina Taylor writes sweet and sassy romance that makes you ugly laugh. When she's not writing, you can find Carina chasing her three boys and way too many animals around the ranch. Other talents she has: ignoring her laundry pile, pretending to work out, drinking large amounts of coffee, and dreaming up the next story.





No comments:
Post a Comment