A Temporary Engagement: The Fake Love Series by Summer Dowell - Book Review


My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


Genres:

Contemporary Romance, Clean Romance,
Sweet Romance, Romantic Comedy, Inspirational Romance



Blurb:


A fake fiance is supposed to stay that way: fake.


Elena is a thriving pharmacist who is completely confident in her single status. Well, relatively confident. But when her best friend calls in a favor for a needy brother-in-law, Elena can't say no. How hard can it be to fake an engagement for one evening?


Mason is not one to beg for a date. In fact, he prides himself on his natural charm and charisma. But when his big mouth gets him into trouble, he needs some last-minute help. He just didn't expect his rescuer to be quite so attractive. Or so completely uninterested in him.


What happens when this one night sham turns into more than these two planned for?






–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––

The wafting smell of her perfume dazed him for a second. Or maybe it was the way she leaned into him, not quite touching but close enough he could feel her body heat.
y'all, the attraction between them was just...GAHHH


I was pretty convinced that Madison and Eric were going to be my favorite couple of the series...BUT, I reallyyyyyy fell in love with Elena and Mason!! 😍😍 


^^ this is me, by the way


The instant connection between Elena and Mason was unmistakable, and even though it drove me crazy to see them trying to deny their TRUE feelings...I loved the development/romance of their relationship. As I've said countless times: I absolutely ADORE the "fake relationship" trope. So, it's not shocking that I enjoyed this book along with the other books of the series.

That being said, BRING ON ALL THOSE HIGHLIGHTED PARTS!!



Glancing around, he looked for a reason to escape. “Look, there’s Jake. I’ve got to say hi to him while I can.”

Yes, Jake was a completely fictional person, but none of them needed to know that.

📖

She nodded, her eyes still narrowed. “All right, I’ll hold you to that.” Lifting her chin, she added, “And I look good no matter what I’m wearing.”
📖


“Don’t miss me too much,” he said, his voice slightly lower than normal.

📖


He entered the kitchen, giving his cursory tap to the fish bowl holding his mom’s beloved pet. Mason was never sure if it was actually the same fish or if his mom just replaced the floundering animal every time it died.

📖

Mason was faintly aware of the accusatory tone in Amy’s voice behind him. He didn’t have time to worry about her for the moment. He grabbed Elena’s free hand. “Elena, what can I do? What do you need?”



the gif is kind of creepy, lol, but it's staying.




As far as content goes: CLEAN, my peeps!! 💕


If you're looking for a light-hearted/sweet/fun read and enjoy fake relationships/cute banter/LOTS of swoony moments...then you most definitely need to read this book, along with the other books in the series!! 😊👏



~I received an e-copy of this story from the author, and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.~



–––––––-–––––––––📖–––––––-–––––––––


About the Author:

Summer Dowell is an author of clean, laugh out loud romantic comedies on the side of her main gig which is keeping her six children alive. She is obsessed with reading and creating stories.

Her most noted other skills include making a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich and doing massive loads of laundry.

Summer holds a bachelors degree in Business Marketing from Brigham Young University which mostly gets used... never.


No comments:

Post a Comment